20/20 Vision for 2020 Calculator
The 20/20 vision for 2020 calculator will output your odds of suffering from vision impairment based on your lifestyle.
We paired this vision calculator with a short text in which we describe:
- How diet can affect your vision 👁;
- How to improve your eyesight with some lifestyle changes 🍎;
- Convert diopters to 20/20 vision 👓.
If you're interested in health from a scientific point of view, then be sure to check the NNT formula in one of our other tools!
What is 20/20 vision? Diopters to 20/20 vision conversion
A 20/20 vision means you can clearly see an object standing 20 feet away from you. This score describes a "normal" vision instead of a "perfect" one and is a measure of visual acuity.
In this sense, a 20/40 vision would mean that you need to be 20 feet away from an object in order to see it, whereas people with "normal" vision would see this object in detail from 40 feet away.
The prescription lenses are rated using diopters which is a measure of the optical power of a lens. You can check the relation between diopters and your vision score below:
💡 Our 20/20 vision for 2020 calculator will tell how likely you are to need to increase your prescription lenses rating based on your lifestyle.
How to use our 20/20 vision for 2020 calculator
As we said, our vision calculator can give you tips on improving your eyesight from a few lifestyle changes!
First, you need to fill in some information about your lifestyle and diet for the calculator to output any results. Let us walk you through each step of using this tool:
- Screen time. Input the amount of hours you spent each day looking at screens (computer, smartphone, television).
- Activity. Fill in the number of hours you dedicate to each activity per week.
- Diet. Information about your weekly food habit. Can diet affect your vision? The answer is yes. Studies show that a Mediterranean diet (MedDiet) is linked to healthy eyes. Our calculator compares this diet with yours to estimate a result.
- Smoking. Paired with many other health problems, any history of smoking increases the risk of vision impairment.
After completing these sections, a new one will appear at the bottom with a list of health tips and changes you can implement to your lifestyle to reduce the risk of vision impairment. Give it a try!